Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

identification of japanese medals/badges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1aikol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: identification of japanese medals/badges Reply with quote

I inherited a fairly large collection of different military memorabilia from my father. It can be seen at www.omsa.org under my user name 1aikol. Part of that is a set of Japanese medals. I think they may have come from my mother's side who are Japanese. Unfortunately although I am half Japanese I cannot read Japanese and speak very little. Both my parents are now dead (mom just died, dad seven years ago). Have not been able to identify the last three in this set. Any help greatly appreciated!!

The ones not identified are:
1) Silver and gold medal/pin?
2) Copper medal/medallion
3) Silver medal with green/purple ribbon

type-14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone though a number of books that I have on the medals and couldn't find anything on those three. Could they be post WWII issue? You might want to try and contact Teri of
http://members.shaw.ca/tju/jhg.htm She might be able to help you.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: medal Reply with quote

Dale, thanks for looking too. I went through what few books I have and didn't see anything. Trey
1aikol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: unidentified medals. Reply with quote

Thanks anyhow for trying. They may be post WWII but I don't think so. I am leaning more toward pre WWI. Here is a bit more about them and I will try and take better pictures front and back this weekend.

1) silver/gold medal/badge (middle looks like Rising Sun medal)
2) copper medallion/badge with man on it
3) silver medal with green/purple ribbon (looks similar to WWII personal valor medal).
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: writing Reply with quote

Is there any writing on them?
1aikol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Did email Teri also at nambo world.

type-14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to get my Japanese friend to help with the first and last one but the middle one I know for sure. It is a NIKUDAN SANYUSHI
Commemorative badge. To find out a bit more on NIKUDAN SANYUSHI commerorative items visit http://www.imperialjapansakecups.com/nikudan.html
Give this site a good going over as he may be able to help out on the other two. The owner is a good guy that I've bought from for a number of years now and if you email him he may be able to help out. BTW if you decide to part with it let me as I have a small collection of the NIKUDAN SANYUSHI items.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: site updated Reply with quote

He's updated his site to include badges and medals. I guess I need to add another link.
1aikol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much!! and Teri helped me with the first one also although she didn't give me the name of the medal so still working on that and the third one.
1aikol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: yay identification of metals and medallions Reply with quote

Thanks everyone so much! Teri Bryant (Nambu world) and Richard Catalano (imperialjapansakecups.com) helped me id the two of the medals (one is a chop shop items so is of no value). The two id'd are a Nikudan Sanyushi commemorative badge and the other is Prince Hirohito Tour of Europe Commemorative Medallion.

Special thanks to gwsiii who pointed me everywhere I needed to go!!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: badges Reply with quote

Glad to be of help and thanks for the update! Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: