Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unknown Sword to go w/the Navy Popas....picts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heckinohio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Unknown Sword to go w/the Navy Popas....picts Reply with quote

A local deer hunter & his visiting cousin came by to look at guns. Cousin got the sword from an aunt whose husband was in So Pacific. Died a couple years ago. Sons took all the guns. Aunt headed for nursing home, sold house. Neph. moving her stuff to storage found this sword in an up stairs closet.

Local WW 2 vet close by is blade collector. Says this is non-com officer sword. Not particularly valuable. Probably made before the war. Sure is nice condition, no dents on the scabbard either. Few scuffs in the brown paint on the handle decor.

Need to come up with a classier way to display it with the rifle I already had. I have over 150ft wall space & not a spot to feature these together.

Anyone know anything about these??

Comments???

PJH

Last edited by heckinohio on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: sword Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the swords, thats a very clean one, and I'm guessing you'd be hard pressed to replace it for less than $500, and I expect it would take a bit more than that to get one that clean. Let's see if someone pipes in before I give some misinformation. Thanks for posting! Trey
seinen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's a non-comissioned officer's sword. Your example is very nice. I'd bet if it was offered on eBay, it would sell for well north of $500.00.

C/
heckinohio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: xx Reply with quote

I posted this on CMP & 1919. Been suggested I get one of the neat display racks, seems I recall them being 2 vertical posts on the same longer base, w/wooden pins to place the swords on for display. I have 2 Popa Nambus and a rifle. This would be a neat entry hall or living room display w/rifle down, sword next up & L&R Popas on the top of a 3 vertical pin display rack......I even have an Egyptian card table about 24x16 to set it on......

PJH.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: