Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA March 16-17, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: AGCA March 16-17, 2013 Reply with quote

We'll be at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center Complex this weekend for the Alabama Gun Collectors Association Gun and Knife. Generally 600-800 Tables.

The show presents a Military Theme this go round to honor our Veterans. Hope to see you there!
Some Displays from last year's show:

Alasaka's Arisaka's Used by Russia, they weren't Russian marked, just examples of the Arisaka's they used.

The Olde One went all Gangsta' in the Hood with his Japanese Cavalry Weapons and Associated Equipment display...

His esteemed Honor, all Hail to him, Awe Hell!

CrazyJapaneseCop's NVA Display

gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: BJCC Update Reply with quote

You might want to get to the BJCC early tomorrow for setup. Big concert tomorrow night, Elton John. With his equipment trucks and buses and such, not to mention the public, parking will be at a premium. There is also another, Winter Jam, Sunday night that is likely to snarl packing up after the show. Folks usually start lining up after Church for it. See ya'll this weekend. Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: bjcc Reply with quote

Not a lot of stuff that I couldn't live without as yet, that I could see, I did see this:

After researching it, it looks like TheOldeOne had it in 2007 (referred to it as a 10th series). Glad it made its way back. Nice 8th series, matching, mummed, bit of history. A Charles Klaeysen died in 2011, in Winter Haven Florida. Wonder if it was his?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: agca Reply with quote

In all a great show, saw old friends, made some new ones, chatted, haggled, schemed, ogled and traded to our little heart's content. I picked up some Seabee Vmail with pinup art, an hourglass bayonet with # on tang, a fireboat flag, and a fairly sizeable display award (for Birmingham). Japanese stuff was pretty slim at this one. Some was there, but not a lot and not much totally remarkable. Prices were high for modern stuff, the average SKS bringing more than the matching mummed - newish 8th series...500 rounds of .22 LR running $60-$100, just insane. I saw $75 and $150 flashlights, just crazy...

Some of the AGCA Displays...

Very Nice SeaBee Display:

CrazyJapaneseCop's Japanese Display

Alsaka's Phillipine Slam Fire shotgun Display

My Military Rifles of Japan display.

I think this was 3 Hots and a Cot - Veterans Assistance Program's - Display

Some of the Military Vehicles that were there.

type-14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it was a good show. Sorry, that I missed it. Of course that just left more goodies for you:wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: