Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nambu T-14 all Matching with Holster and extra Firing Pin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buellmeister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Nambu T-14 all Matching with Holster and extra Firing Pin Reply with quote

Gentlemen, I just bought a 1928 manufactured low serial numbered Nambu T-14 with original holster, extra firing pin and cleaning rod. The holster is in immaculate shape as well as the pistol itself. The blueing is 99.9% percent and the wooden grips are without dings and chips. Just looking out for my investment and was told by other source's, that it is worth anywhere from $800-1200++. I was just double checking the accuracy of these appraisals. Thank you..

Regards,

Joel
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Nambu Reply with quote

Without seeing it, or knowing arsenal, serial #, and from described condition assuming pistol and all parts are original and matching, Figure $500 for 3 date (more depending on actual arsenal and date), $200 for holster, $50-$75 for rod, $50-$75 for pin. So a base $800-$900, probably more. You did all right. Trey
buellmeister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, I thank you for your time. It is manufactured by Nagoya and the serial number is 2835. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Joel
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: T14 Reply with quote

Small world, I've got 2801. Mine is not in very good condition though. Trey
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a Nagoya, it would be worth considerably more than a Tokyo. Also, the holster is likely to be a later replacement. The early ones had no provision for a firing pin-although some had the pocket added later. I've seen holsters as late as Showa 5 without the FP pocket. In Showa 14 a bunch of holsters were gererated to replace early worn out holsters. Some of these can still be found in like new condition. Can you post a photo??
buellmeister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to provide pictures but not sure how to post them..

Joel
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm trying to remember this process. I have photos filed at Photobucket. I cut the IMG & then paste it here. Here's a photo to see if I got this right.

Yeah that works. Go to Photobucket .com & upload your photos (it's free). There will be three boxes under your image. Highlight the bottom one, go to edit & select cut. Open your reply here & go to edit again & paste your image here.
Looking forward to seeing your Nagoya!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: T14 Reply with quote

Adogs, appreciate the description for posting photos. Amongst other things, I'm working on a gadget to allow posting here (similar to gunboards) but not allow outside likes to the images. That is a nice 94 rig! A 3.6 Tokyo would be 2nd month of production and 3 digit number, while total numbers for the month from each arsenal are close (within about 75 units) I'd rather pay the same price for a similar conditioned Tokyo rig, just because its 2nd month of production, strike that, oh no I wouldn't, I'd just figure out a way to buy them both, instead of worrying about which one to get. Trey
buellmeister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, thank you for your help. I'll post pictures tonight when I return home.

Regards,

Joel
arisakadogs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Trey, actually I just traded a 3 date Tokyo #132 for the above '94 rig. The one I had was the earliest recorded fot 3.2. It went to a good home - Dan Larkin. The '94 above has both matched mags & the holster is numbered to it. I already had the rod, lanyard & ammo.
With the exception of these low number Tokyos I think the Nagoyas are still harder to find & should be worth more. After Tokyo kicked in they really produced! Amazing they could make so many & still make such beautiful pistols!.
buellmeister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: here is my attempt Reply with quote

buellmeister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the other side. Sorry for the mistake on the serial number. Couldn't remember it when I was at work.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: T14 Reply with quote

Very nice, and an earlier date! If the rest of it is like that, you have a high end pistol rig! Trey
buellmeister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, thank you kindly. The pistol is in near mint condition. I'm very fortunate to have obtained it.

Regards,

Joel
buellmeister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: