Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A couple of zeros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
type-14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: A couple of zeros Reply with quote

Posted this on GB but knowing that not everyone view it's I thought I would share a couple of goodies out of the collection with ya'll. Here are couple of zero's for your viewing pleasure. The "00" are only found in the first four months of production at the Toriimatsu factory with 16.10 # "00" 50001 being the lowest and 17.1 #"00" 50185 being the high listed. In the one photo I have the two non-standard firing pins next to a standard firing pin for comparison. The firing pin lug is centered and much thicker than a standard firing pin and as you might expect the alignment guide in the bolt is cut specifically for this type of firing pin and as such a standard firing pin will not work properly in these variants. And that is the reason for the "00" to classify them as "second class" weapon. Now as you can see I'm only missing examples from two months so in keeping with the spirit of the season if you have a "00" example from the months of 16.10 or 16.11 you should feel compelled to offer them to my small collection of "00"s, besides why would you want a "second class" Nambu in your collection? Wink

gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: 00s Reply with quote

Very nice! Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: nambus Reply with quote

For the uninformed, you should buy Japanese Military Cartridge Handguns (Hand Cannons of Imperial Japan), as this is a variation that several 'advanced' collectors that I know, don't have! Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: