Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HAve You looked inside of your barrel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: HAve You looked inside of your barrel Reply with quote

When I look down this barrel with a light and vision tool there is not one thing wrong inside. Brand New. No pitting,scratches, or knicks and striking Rifleing.

I haven't had the pleasure of looking down and inspecting another Type 99 barrel. Im curious what the conditions of the average barrel of a type 99 arisaka is. DO they all just look brand new. Or has pitting and some sort of damage of any kind happened. Let me know? Thanks
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: barrels Reply with quote

Most early and transition rifles have chrome bores, so they are usually in excellent shape. You've got a very nice rifle there. Trey
Mike Rockhill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most barrels chrome lined or not are in excellent condition. as usual there are exceptions, but few. Usually the chinese beaters are pretty crapped out. I have the only early 99 I have ever seen with a rough bore, and it still aint too bad.
Eloldehombre

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years back sold one of the Chinese-import 38s to Stan Zielinski. Rifle(s) had been stored in the closet on the crr port. He told me when he pushed a rod through the brrel out came 'mud and a wasp or two." (Dirtdobbers!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: