Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great news about Shibata trainer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sksvlad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Great news about Shibata trainer Reply with quote

My boss just came back from Japan. Now I have an actual translation of 3 vertical symbols under the stylized Japanese cherry with "38" inside the flower. The upper character is "shiba", the next is "ta" and the bottom is "shiki". Shiba and Ta are Shibata, Mr.Shibata, the designer of the gun. Shiki means "style"(type?). By the way, 2 symbols representing "38" are pronounced "sanpachi" (a useless knowledge, but you may show off at a gun show by coming to a table of totally puzzled newcomers like me and saying something like this: "Ah, Shibata Shiki with a nice Sanpachi stamping, very good!!!"
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: trainer Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, trainers are a good area to begin collecting in as most are still relatively cheap. With the upcoming encyclopedia '0 Trainers due out, their value will only increase as more becomes common knowledge on variations and configurations. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: