Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Clean The Nambu Pistol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harvardiv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: How to Clean The Nambu Pistol Reply with quote

Hi Guys:

I have a Nambu Type 14, and I would like to clean and inspect before firing for the first time. Is anyone here familiar w/ this?

Thanks,

Chris
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: cleaning a Type 14 Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!
Cleaning a type 14 is relatively simple, after disassembly (see Teri's Nambu World for instructions), I use WD40 and nickel or bronze wool (or 0000 steel wool) and an old t-shirt and 6 of my favorite cool refreshing beverages. Disassemble, Spray it down, let it sit, clean with nickel wool and elbow grease, spray, wipe down with tshirt, repeat. Several light cleanings work better than one heavy cleaning. Don't do anything to the grips other than wipe off, some people like to use furniture polish on them, I don't. When finished, spray and wipe down one last time. Wipe down again with clean rag, apply light gun oil, (maybe something a little heavier on the frame where the grips will rest). Reassemble, wipe down with oily rag, refrain from 'oiling the grips' as that will cause them to darken over time. When you get a chance, please let us know the date and serial number so we can pass it along to Mike and Dan Larkin who are collecting information on Nambu's. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thanks for posting! Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: