Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Data sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jareth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Data sheets Reply with quote

Trey you got me wondering. Did Shannon share data sheets with you or is he working on a seperate project? If so then I did not keep a record of which sheets you got & which were sent to Shannon. You do have my sympathy. You should do what Ray's doing. Let his wife secretly write the book! Laughing
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: datasheets Reply with quote

Doss, Shannon, and Bobby pass on what they have as they find them, I've gotten some of yours in those batches. The majority of the datasheets that I have only chart 12-14 changes and are from the early days, no numbers. Some are gleaned from Doss' publications so still limited in features. I still get a few each month, but I don't get near as many as I 'hear' about through the internet boards. It is just plain frustrating. I've decided that I spend too much time following the boards, getting irritated and not enough time crunching my own numbers. So I'm cutting back on board time and devoting more to the 99 project. I read over and over about restoring, and have always been worried about how that would skew the data. From what I'm seeing, I don't know that there are many 'pure' vet bringbacks out there any more. Let's face it, they are just about all Vet Bringbacks, but how many have been 'restored'. My control group is over 1000 rifles that I'm reasonably certain of their condition when the data was recorded, so I'm comfortable enough with that to start.

I'm just as guilty about getting sheets to Frank, I try to report serial number and any pertinent features by email, but I still need to dig out the sheets and send them in. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: