Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T 14 Cleaning Rod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riceone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: T 14 Cleaning Rod Reply with quote

I have a T14 cleaning rod with a part broken off. The only picture I could find looks like the broken off part was flat like a thick schrewdriver. I am attempting to post a picture. If anyone has a good picture of the missing end and would post it, I think I can repair mine. Thanks riceone. [/img][img]
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: T14 cleaning rod Reply with quote

Rice, I'm away from my toys this weekend, will post a pic or two when I return on Tuesday. 'Baking in the Sun' Trey
Franchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is a close enough picture, but try this link.

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/13876/1058755981418_t14rod.jpg
gwsiii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: T14 Rod Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of Two T14 rods and 1 T94 Rod. The T14 rods have the 'Z' shape ends and contoured bases, below the patch cutout, where the T94 rod base, below the patch cutout, is slotted for use as a screwdriver.
Top: T94 rod
Middle: T14 Rod
Bottom: T14 Rod

Top: T94 rod
Middle: T14 Rod
Bottom: T14 Rod

Left: T94 Rod Tip
Middle: T14 Rod Tip
Right: T14 Rod Tip

Hope that helps, as usual sorry for the poor lighting. Trey
riceone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Cleaning rod Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures but the part I am missing is the little crank on the end. Is is round or flat like a screwdeiver and is it blunt or sharp like a chisel. riceone.
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: cleaning rod Reply with quote

Ah, I see now, I'll try and get that up tonight. Trey
SF Nanban

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: T14 Rod Use Reply with quote

How is the crank end used on the T14 cleaning rod? Is there a seperate piece to turn it into a more useful tool, like the Arisaka's rod?
-Chris
gwsiii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Crank end Reply with quote

I believe it's is used as a loading tool to pull down on the magazine button (and thus follower) for loading purposes. If you'll look at the button, you'll see a cutout that the short straight part of the 'crank' end fits into. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: