Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knee Mortar shooting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC312

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Knee Mortar shooting Reply with quote

Having a good old browse on this forum, i noticed that some of you take part in Knee mortar shooting with the Type 89 or model 10. Seeing that 89 knee mortar rounds are rare to shoot, i take it that you guy's make your own rounds up either in cast or lathed plastic. Can any of you enlighten us about the rounds you use that match the balistics if the real rounds (non explosive of course), how far they travel and how accurate these knee mortars are and what your conclustions are about this weopn as a whole.
DEFUC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On grounds it might incriminate me ,I deny anyone ever loaded or fired a knee mortor..However if someone were to fire one with a light Black powder charge,and a projectile made from plastic or nylon. the range isnt that far and there really isnt accuracy involved,its more for fun,which it totally is or would be were anyone to do something like that Wink
BC312

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at reports from war time records show that this was a very effective weapon and the Japanese used it to its full potential.
I bet firing such a thing would give hours of tremendous fun. Wink
DEFUC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

War time,with the correct charge I belive it was devastatingly effective,and they are pretty simple so easy to make lots of.Just playfully shooting one "for effect" with a "play" round ,makes little kids out of old men, acting like a 5 yr old at xmas.,or so Ive heard Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: