Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGCA Show Birmingham AL 3/15/08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: AGCA Show Birmingham AL 3/15/08 Reply with quote

I'll be at the AGCA show in Birmingham AL this weekend. Been working a lot this week, so only a small 1 table display, "Low #'d Japanese Weapons". I'll have 7 or 8 Weapons on the table, the total of their serial numbers will be 13 or 27 depending on whether or not I decide to bring the 8th rifle tomorrow. "Dutch" Van Kirk, navigator and last surviving crew member of the Enola Gay mission will be there signing autographs, other features of the show include the big M1 Carbine mini-show and Larry Ruth (autor of War Baby and War Baby Comes Home) will also be there, See theAGCA Website for more info.

Hope to see you there. Trey
1886lebel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could go but no chance.
Say Hello to my friend and yours Dale Martin aka vonmazur from BPP ... tell him 1886lebel really wants that Mle.1902 Indochinois.
Patrick
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: show Reply with quote

Patrick, will do!
03man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a 'different' display; be sure to post pictures here!

There must be some low numbers there!
gwsiii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: numbers Reply with quote

Sorry, 7 rifles, and 1 pistol....I miscounted...

In Beverly Hillbillies Terms:
"naught, naught, naught, naught, trey, five, five, and foteteen"
Translation:
4 internally numbered guns, a 3, 2-5s, and a 'flyer' of a 14.

I am 99% certain the rarity will escape the judges, but I'll know......
Trey
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: agca Reply with quote

Here are some pics of the Japanese displays at the show;

"Unusually Low Numbered Japanese Weapons"

"Broomhandle Mausers and Lugers"

"Japanese Emergency Use Rifles"

gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: show update Reply with quote

Nothing terribly special popped up at the show, several decent 99s under $200, a matching but refinished Type 44, and a star marked trainer. I helped a few folks locate pieces for their restoration projects. There was a Japanese officers sash with gold tassels that was interesting. I've seen a lot more sword knots and pistol lanyards that I've seen of those, and it was priced similarly. Lots of neat stuff if you take the time to look and ask. I didn't make it up to see the M1-Carbine display, I meant to, and I completely forgot about Dutch Van Kirk until they were packing up.

We did pretty well in the display category, after the top 3 prizes for weapons, accessories, and edged weapons, my Dad finished 3rd and I was fourth. The emergency rifle display finished in the top 10. As usual we spoke with several old friends and met some new ones. My dad has always said its as much of a social event as it is a venue to enhance your collection. There are some people you only see at specific shows, we have several close friends that we only see a few times a year at shows that we'd have never met otherwise.

In all a good show as always. Trey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Shows, Discussion, Links, Thoughts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: