Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hari Kari or Tanto knife??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yardbird

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Hari Kari or Tanto knife?? Reply with quote

Just rerceived a new gift..wonder if it is for real?..I have had many Japanese Blades in the past and it looks and feels right, but need and expert. Thanks.. Roy
Bushido101

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a expert but that is a nice looking knife that look's original to me.
Edokko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the blade out of the handle and post photos of the tang. The patina of the tang will show the authnticity of age.
yardbird

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Tanto knife Reply with quote

Not sure how to break one ..is it the same as a Japanese sword?? push out this pin? nice shape..don't want to mess it up..

[/img]
Edokko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you push the pin out from that side (tapered tip side) out the other. If the blade is in there too tight, don't bother to take it out, since we don't wan't to damage it.
dmagician

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your knife really looks real. Why did you wonder?
yardbird

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Tanto Knife Reply with quote

At the time I received this knife I also received a German Youth knife..These were gifts..so no problem..I had been told they are orginal..after checking the German Youth knife it is a very very good Replica..
yardbird

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: OK now apart Reply with quote

Well I pulled the little wood pin and removed the grip..all I found was some rust...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: