Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB: Japanese soldier ID books/shrine marked senninbari
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to share this IJN document that gives another example of what I am looking for in the way of Japanese paperwork. It is called a rirekihyo and is an IJN sailor's record document. This particular sailor had an interesting history with the IJN, including being a part of the convoy (on board the Toei Maru) that delivered personnel and equipment to the Dutch East Indies during their 1942 invasion (convoy included the 2nd Kure SNLF). This sailor later became a part of the 6th Yokosuka SNLF which converted to the 3rd Special Base Force on Tarawa where this document was souvenired.
I am on the hunt for IJA/IJN paperwork like the examples posted as well as IJA dogtags. Any leads greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the hunt for Japanese paper vet bringbacks. This includes Japanese unit hand booklets (pictured above), diaries, manuals, maps, and letters. I also collect IJA dog tags and pay well for unusual unit designations. Even if you are not selling, please feel free to drop me a line if you have a Japanese dog tag or unit hand booklet that you would like to know more about. I would be happy to help in any way I can. Thanks for looking!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2014 Show of Shows is coming up in late February, and I will have a table set up displaying some of my more unusual/rare IJA paperwork, along with some IJA dog tags. If you have any IJA paperwork/dog tags for sale and will be attending the show, please stop by my table. Even if you don't, please stop by and say hello! Thanks!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SOS is just a few short weeks away! I will have my codes with me so if you have booklets or dog tags that need translating, I am more than happy to assist!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SOS was an awesome time and finished up way too quick for me! My table was just a couple down from the Banzai table. It was great to see fellow Japanese militaria collectors and meet some new folks as well. Here is a pic. of my Japanese paperwork display table. I was able to find a few Japanese booklets during the show, and even nabbed one from the same exact unit from a soldier activated at the same time! Both were taken from the Philippines and both were from soldiers who were part of a Japanese airfield battalion based on Luzon. The neat thing about it is one soldier worked machine guns, and the other worked machine cannons! One booklet looks to have been taken from Negros Island. Who is to say what happened to these airfield battalion units after the planes stopped flying?

[/img]
tomp

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the hunt for Japanese paper vet bringbacks. This includes Japanese unit hand booklets (pictured above), diaries, manuals, maps, and letters. I also collect IJA dog tags and pay well for unusual unit designations. Even if you are not selling, please feel free to drop me a line if you have a Japanese dog tag or unit hand booklet that you would like to know more about. I would be happy to help in any way I can. Thanks for looking!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the hunt for Japanese paper vet bringbacks. This includes Japanese unit hand booklets (pictured above), diaries, manuals, maps, and letters. Paperwork from Guadalcanal, Tinian, and Peleliu wanted in particular. Thanks for looking!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the hunt for Japanese paper vet bringbacks. This includes Japanese unit hand booklets (pictured above), diaries, manuals, maps, and letters. IJA paperwork from Guadalcanal, Tinian, and Peleliu wanted in particular, as well as IJN sailor records with submarine/carrier/battleship entries. Thanks for looking!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always looking for interesting IJA/IJN soldier record documents and IJA dog tags. I will be setting up a table at the MAX show this year, so please stop by if you are at the show. Thanks!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MAX Show is one week away! If you have any WW2 Japanese paperwork/tags you would like to sell, or just want to say hello, please swing by my table. I should have some Iwo Jima paperwork on display and a few odds and ends for sale as well. Hope to see you there!

Tom
tomp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A successful MAX show with some nice items brought home. I was able to add a couple of IJA booklets to my growing collection. Always interested in adding more, particularly if they are veteran bringbacks from Peleliu, Tinian, New Guinea, and the Solomons. Thanks!

Tom

[/img]
tomp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to post the last grouping I picked up in 2015. It is a grouping belonging to a tanker within the 3rd Amphibious Brigade Tank Unit that was stationed in the Kuriles. IJA tank unit paperwork of any kind is quite rare. This grouping hits it out of the ballpark! It includes a rare tank company group photo, the tanker's techo, several postcards, letters, and an invitation to the Yasukuni Shrine. I am always looking for interesting groupings like this for my collection. Thank you for your time and please have a Happy 2016!

Tom
gwsiii

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Nice! Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!
tomp

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the hunt for Japanese paper vet bringbacks. This includes Japanese unit hand booklets (pictured above), diaries, manuals, maps, and letters. IJA paperwork from Guadalcanal, Tinian, and Peleliu wanted in particular. Also looking for IJN sailor records with submarine/carrier/battleship entries, plus IJN/Naval aviation training documents. Thanks for looking!

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Wanted, Buy, Sell, Trade! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: