Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com
An information board for the Collector of Nippon Militaria

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch    Back to Castle-Thunder.comCastle-Thunder.com    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
  Castle-Thunder.com ChatLive Chat    ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Displays at Riceone's SEMCA 2009 Winterfest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwsiii

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Displays at Riceone's SEMCA 2009 Winterfest Reply with quote

The 2009 Winter SEMCA meeting is over. Met some very nice people and some very, very, very nice stuff there:

how about experimental 7.7 #s 31 (38 long) and 48 (38 carbine) and others.....

A few tables of Mukden/Hoten arms with some other junk thrown in:

Some Trench Knives and such

Ropeholes, Rarities (the junk in the middle is for sale, still), and other stuff

Misc. Stuff

Doughboy OotD

Swords and Accessories

Chatting and Remembering Vets

tnak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey,
Great pictures. I sure wish i could make it out to some of your shows back east. I have never seen such a nice display. Tracy
03man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey,
thanks for the pictures.
Roy,
Looks like a bigger turnout than last year. Keep up the good work!
riceone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O3man, Only three people from the community came who were not collectors. Everyone else did and I'm pleased. We were very pleased with the turn out. It was very relaxing and I did not lay down on the floor after it was over like the picture you "facked" last year. Oh, the cats are grown now. You should have seen them, they came out and sat, near the grills we used last year, and just watched us. I'm expecially glad my two girls came over on Friday evening for the event, its become a family event. thanks all who came. roy
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: pics Reply with quote

Thanks guys, its always pleasant to sit around and chat with others. While several of the guys weren't Japanese collectors, they still found things to be interested in and asked questions. We swapped stories, thoughts, opinions and we all learned a little from each other. Daddy has always said a show is primarily a social gathering, and Roy's is primarily a social gathering where a few of us take the time to put on a show as well. We do the same thing at Blevins' and try to make it a little more interesting for the casual attendee. Its an educating experience for young and old. As soon as I get a chance, I'll relay the story of the Mukden Type 38 Carbine, that was souvenired out in Hiroshima.
Jareth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey, were there any talks or lectures? Who are the old timers at the podium with the mic ?
gwsiii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: speakers Reply with quote

The hatless gentleman was Charles 'Jack' Haynes, Pacific War Vet, initially picked up a rifle in the Phillipines, was one of the first sent to Hiroshima after the bomb was dropped and hostilities ceased, he said he thought within 2-3 weeks of the last bombing. The other, in the hat, was Jay Ashford who was a replacement at the Battle of the Bulge. They both spoke 5-10 minutes about themselves and a little about the war. Trey
oopy38

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Mr. Haynes Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of talking with Mr. Haynes after his talk. He and my father-in-law, Tony Sazera were both in the Phillipines with McArthur. It was nice to be able to talk with him. This is one of the things I enjoy about gun shows. You can meet and talk with some interesting people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Japanese Militaria at Castle-Thunder.com Forum -> Japanese Weapons and Militaria All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: